Killester College is a school where there is an emphasis on inclusiveness and teamwork. Applicants to employment opportunities should have excellent communication skills and a proven ability and willingness to work in collaboration with others. All staff employed are expected to support the Catholic Ethos of the College, the Mission Statement and the Brigidine Core Values.
Killester College, is a Catholic Secondary school for girls situated in Springvale which is administered by the Kildare Ministries Education Board which operates in the Brigidine tradition. It is a rich, vibrant and diverse multicultural school.
Current Employment Opportunities for 2018
Role Description/ Criteria
Killester College seeks to employ an experienced Tradesman to become a fulltime member of the Grounds and Building Maintenance team.
Experience and Qualifications
It is anticipated that the Maintenance Officer would have or obtain the following:-
- Be proactive, well organised and able to work to a high standard without direct supervision
- Trade qualified or experienced in building maintenance.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact and liaise with contractors, team members, suppliers, staff and students in a friendly, professional and respectful manner.
- A full Victorian drivers Licence and medium rigid or higher licence.
- Basic computer skills.
- Working with Children Check and Current police check.
- Flexible working hours when required.
- Good physical mobility and able to carry out repetitive, physical activity.
In accordance with the Victorian Catholic Education Office Multi Enterprise Agreement 2013 pay structure for School Services Officer, Level 3 or 4 dependant on experience/ training.
The hours of employment are 38 hour per week Monday to Friday and 4 weeks annual leave.
Please refer to the complete job description on our website. Applications must include a cover letter, CV and names and contact details of 3 referees.
Applications close on Thursday 12th, April and interviews will be held week beginning the 16th.
- Our staff may make contact with your referees as part of our preliminary screen process.
- Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Killester College, 433 Springvale Road, Springvale VIC 3171
Killester College is committed to the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.