At Year 9 students experience a year of challenge and awakened awareness of their role in their own learning.
The broad goals of the Year 9 program are:
- That our students become more engaged in their learning – in learning which is relevant and empowering.
- That students take more responsibility for their own learning.
- That the curriculum which is taught is academically rigorous.
- That the emphasis will be on student learning, rather than on the teacher teaching.
- That students develop their ability to make informed choices about what and how they best learn
- That the curriculum should be differentiated as much as possible to bring out every student’s potential.
- That digital technology would be used to a large extent in enabling and empowering student learning.