Our mission in Teaching and Learning is to create a dynamic learning environment which provides a strong, progressive education in the Catholic tradition, preparing students to successfully navigate and contribute to the ongoing and emerging needs of our world.
Our vision is to create a learning community where everyone is welcomed, valued and can experience success. We want our students to engage in the challenge and excitement of learning. When students leave Killester College we hope they will embrace the core values of Kildare Ministries: wonder, courage, hospitality, hope, compassion and justice.
Our vision is that our students will be:
- spiritually enriched with values based on Gospel teachings
- life-long learners who strive for personal excellence, develop curiosity and can think critically and creatively
- team players who can learn collaboratively and cooperatively with others
- prepared for pathways post school, possessing the necessary skills in literacy, numeracy and technology to be successful
- responsible and ethical citizens, who make positive contributions to their local and global environments
- confident and respectful in their interactions with others and resilient when confronted with difficult situations
- able to celebrate one another’s differences and individual worth
- self-disciplined and adaptable
- able to value enthusiasm, joy, simplicity and humility
Therefore Teaching and Learning at Killester College is based upon the following principles:
- Learning is rigorous
- Learning develops the whole person
- Learning is student centred and active
- Learning is transferable
- Learning is visible
- Learning is reflective
- Learning is optimised in safe environments
To bring these principles to life Killester offers a broad, progressive and inclusive curriculum, with strong emphasis on the eight key learning areas and Religious Education.