This week we are profiling Dr Susie Tang who graduated from Killester in the class 2011 and went on to study Medicine and become a Doctor.
VCE Subjects Taken
- Maths Methods
- Specialist Maths
My Career Highlights
- The exposure and opportunities to interact with patients and their families as a medical student and transitioning to becoming a junior doctor has been very rewarding.
- The medical field is endless – I’ve attended trauma calls in emergency, help delivered babies, assessed sick kids & scrubbed into theatre to help the surgeons.
Top 3 Things of My Career
- Everyday is something different
- Helping those who are at their most vulnerable
- You never stop learning
Challenges of Being a Doctor
- Endless studying
- Late nights and weekend shifts
My Advice for the Killester Girls
If you are passionate about making a difference in someone else’s life and love your sciences, I would highly recommend Medicine as a career. It’s a life-long journey but definitely rewarding!